Zimtsterne (Cinnamon Stars)Staff | Delicious Living
- Calories per serving: 185
Makes about 30 / Many beloved holiday cookie recipes originated in northern Europe. These nut-and-spice-infused cutouts hail from Germany, also the source of decorated Christmas trees and blown-glass ornaments.
- In a large mixing bowl, let egg whites come to room temperature, about 30 minutes. In another bowl, mix ground nuts, flour, and spices.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is incorporated. Fold nut mixture in to egg whites. Cover and let stand 30 minutes to let nuts absorb moisture.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Sprinkle powdered sugar on work surface. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut dough using a floured star-shaped cutter. Place cookies, about 1 inch apart, on nonstick or greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Store in an airtight container.
Calories 185,Fat 12,Perfat 54,Cholesterol 0,Carbo 18,Protein 4