Zesty Lemon ChickenStaff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 300
Adapted from Crème de Colorado (Junior League of Denver, Inc.). Excellent hot and terrific cold, this is a treat for al fresco dining on your patio or in the mountains.
Prep time: overnight marinating, plus 25 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- In a large, sealed plastic bag, combine chicken breasts and lemon juice. Squeeze air out and seal. Refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- Remove chicken, reserving 2 tablespoons of marinade, and drip dry. Combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper in a plastic bag. Shake until well mixed. Put chicken breasts in bag, one at a time, and shake to coat evenly.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté breasts, a few at a time, until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in a large baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with lemon peel and brown sugar. Mix chicken broth with reserved 2 tablespoons marinade and pour around chicken. Place a thin lemon slice on top of each breast and sprinkle with minced parsley.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until tender.
Photography by Rita Maas
Calories 300,Fat 7,Perfat 21,Cholesterol 63,Carbo 31,Protein 29,Fiber N/A,Sodium N/A