Zesty Beef SaladDebra Rouse, ND
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 237
This easy-to-prepare dish provides protein, iron, zinc, and vitamins A, B6, B12, and C. When buying meat, be sure to choose hormone-free, grass-fed, all-natural cuts. Experiment with different kinds of lettuces, adding a few bitter varieties for flavor and better digestion.
- Cut steak into strips about 2 inches long (with grain) and 1/8-inch thick (against grain). In a bowl or heavy plastic bag, mix sherry, tamari, and maple syrup. Add beef and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a tightly covered container; shake until well blended and set aside.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until drops of water skitter when sprinkled on its surface. Add half of the beef; stir-fry until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Remove beef and drain skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Combine greens, tomatoes, carrots, and green onions in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss until well coated. Divide salad mixture among serving plates and top with beef strips. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.