Vegan Marbled BrowniesElisa Bosley | Delicious Living
Galaxy Nutritional Foods’ vegan cream cheese, perfect for baking as well as bagels, debuted at Expo West 2011 with this recipe. These brownies are also delicious with the addition of nuts, shredded coconut, or chocolate chips.
- Mix together milk and egg substitute. Add sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and almond extract; beat on medium-high speed for 7 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Add to wet ingredients and beat for 3-5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a deep 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and dust lightly with flour (tap to remove excess).
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly into pan. Whisk cream cheese alternative to soften (add a tablespoon or two of soy or almond milk, if desired), and then spoon on top of chocolate mixture, leaving 2-3 inches between dollops. Using a butter knife or spatula, swirl cream cheese alternative into chocolate batter in an “S” pattern to create a marbled effect (does not have to be precise).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for at least 45 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!