Two-Corn Garbanzo PattiesStaff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 291
This unique veggie burger actually uses not two but three types of corn: kernels, fine cornmeal, and coarse-grained polenta. No need for a bun; it's delicious and satisfying served over peppery arugula.
- Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add corn kernels, shallots, dried thyme, and parsley. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- In a food processor, place garbanzos, bread crumbs, cornmeal, salt and red bell pepper. Pulse until chunky. Add corn-shallot mixture and pulse about 10 times. Do not overprocess.
- With wet hands, form mixture into six equal patties, about 1/2-inch thick. Dredge patties in polenta on both sides. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add three patties at a time and cook 4–5 minutes, until golden brown. Turn over and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Repeat with last three patties.
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice with olive oil. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Toss desired amount with arugula leaves. Spread arugula leaves on plates. Top with corn patty and garnish with fresh thyme. Serve with leftover dressing.
PER SERVING: 291 cal, 42% fat cal, 14g fat, 2g sat fat, 0mg chol, 7g protein, 36g carb, 6g fiber, 586mg sodium