Tuscan Kale Salad with Steamed CodAlan Roettinger | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 282
Blanching the radishes briefly softens their characteristic sharpness, enabling them to blend seamlessly with the greens and a creamy miso-lemon dressing. If Aleppo pepper proves difficult to find, hot paprika is a good second choice.
- Remove and discard tough stems from kale. Cut leaves crosswise into ¼-inch strips. Place in a large bowl with pea greens or sprouts, plus cucumbers.
- Blanch radishes in a pot of boiling water for about 20 seconds; drain and refresh under cold water. Dry; quarter lengthwise. Add to bowl.
- Whisk together oil, miso, lemon juice and zest, Aleppo pepper or paprika, and black pepper until emulsified. Add to salad and toss thoroughly.
- Steam fish fillets over boiling water for about 4 minutes, or until opaque. Divide greens among four plates, forming high mounds. Place a steamed fish fillet alongside each. Drizzle any remaining dressing over fillets, and serve at once.
PER SERVING: 282 cal, 12g fat (3g mono, 8g poly, 1g sat), 20mg chol, 17g protein, 26g carb, 5g fiber, 756mg sodium