Tuscan Kale and Napa Cabbage Slaw with EdamameAlan Roettinger | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 330
A nutrient-rich feast, this salad features tender Tuscan (also called lacinato or dinosaur) kale, edamame (soybeans), probiotic-rich miso, and flaxseed oil for omega-3 fatty acids. Prep tips: Peeling the red pepper yields an unusually mouthwatering texture that is well worth the extra step. This makes an enormous salad—great for a potluck —but it’s easily halved for a smaller crowd.
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil.
- Place kale, cabbage, fennel, and onion in a large bowl. Cut bell pepper into quarters and remove seeds and membranes. Peel skin off each quarter with a vegetable peeler; then cut into 1/4-inch slices. Add to vegetables in bowl.
- Add edamame to boiling water and blanch for about 1 minute. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again thoroughly. Add to vegetables.
- Combine miso, garlic, and lemon juice in a bowl and mash together with a spoon or silicone spatula until smooth. Stir in tahini, oil, and tamari until thoroughly blended. Add to vegetables and toss until well mixed. Divide among plates and garnish with daikon sprouts. Serve at once.
PER SERVING: 330 cal, 49% fat cal, 19g fat, 3g sat fat, 0mg chol, 16g protein, 30g carb, 9g fiber, 564mg sodium