Turkey Burgers with Avocado SalsaKarin Lazarus | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 342
Turkey and egg both provide tryptophan, and you'll find much-needed magnesium in the greens and sunflower seeds. Turkey tends to be more fragile and may stick to the grill due to its low fat content, so oil the grate before heating, or use foil.
- Thoroughly mix all avocado salsa ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine ground turkey, wheat germ, lemon juice, garlic, egg, salt, and pepper; mix well. Form mixture into four patties.
- Oil grill grate (or lay a piece of aluminum foil on grill) and heat. Cook turkey burgers and red pepper quarters for about 4 minutes on each side. Remove; cut grilled red peppers into thin strips.
- Toss arugula or mixed greens with olive oil and lemon juice; divide among four plates. Top each with a burger and avocado salsa; garnish with grilled red pepper strips and sunflower seeds. Serve right away.
PER SERVING: 342 cal, 48% fat cal, 19g fat, 3g sat fat, 102mg chol, 32g protein, 15g carb, 6g fiber, 397mg sodium