Triple-Pepper Tempeh Stir-FryStaff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 218
This colorful, low-fat take on the traditional stir-fry is a hearty, healthy alternative. Serve it in big ceramic bowls over steamed brown rice, with chopsticks and sake.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, vegetable stock, honey, ginger and crushed red pepper flakes. Whisk together until smooth. Add tempeh and toss to coat. Cover and marinate, refrigerated, for 1 hour.
- Soak top and bottom of a clay cooker in water for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Layer button mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms and onions in clay cooker. Remove tempeh from marinade with a slotted spoon and layer over onions, reserving marinade. Layer peppers over tempeh.
- Whisk arrowroot into marinade, blending until smooth, then whisk in sesame seeds. Pour marinade over tempeh and vegetables in cooker.
- Cover cooker and place in a cold oven. Set oven to 400° and bake, stirring once, until vegetables are tender, about 50 minutes. Serve hot over brown rice.
Calories 218,Fat 6,Perfat 22,Cholesterol 0,Carbo 28,Protein 16,Fiber ,Sodium