Toasted Quinoa with Kale and Pine NutsTrina Kaufman | Delicious Living
- Cook Time: 32 mins
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 329
Unlike processed grains, whole grains and seeds such as quinoa digest slowly, avoiding inflammatory blood sugar spikes. Dry-toasting quinoa and starting its cooking with boiling water help grains to cook up fluffy and separate.
- Dry-toast quinoa in a skillet, stirring until golden and fragrant, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan; add sea salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and boiling water.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes; then fluff with a fork.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining olive oil and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add kale; sauté until deep green and tender, 3–4 minutes.
- Stir in cooked quinoa, lemon juice, pine nuts, and salt and pepper to taste.
Per serving: 329 cal, 16g fat (8g mono, 6g poly, 2g sat), 0mg chol, 10g protein, 36g carb, 5g fiber, 319mg sodium