Three-Color Potato SaladMyra Goodman | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 175
I grow different types of new potatoes in my garden, and this recipe may be my favorite way to serve them; it was a natural addition to my latest cookbook, The Earthbound Cook (Workman, 2010). It’s perfect for a picnic or potluck.
- Place potatoes in a large pot; add 1 tablespoon salt and cold water to cover (about 4 cups). Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, 20–30 minutes, depending on size.
- Meanwhile, place green beans, tomatoes, red onion, olives, parsley, capers, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl; stir gently to combine.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, mustard, and oregano in a small glass jar; seal tightly and shake vigorously to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside at room temperature.
- When potatoes are tender, drain immediately. When cool enough to handle, cut into small pieces and add to bean mixture. Pour vinaigrette over vegetables and toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Served at room temperature or chilled. (Refrigerate, covered, for up to 3 days.)
PER SERVING: 175 cal, 8g fat (6g mono, 1g poly, 1g sat), 0mg chol, 4g protein, 25g carb, 5g fiber, 180mg sodium