Sweet Potato Latkes with Pineapple SalsaElisa Bosley | Delicious Living
- Serves: 5 people
- Calories per serving: 430
Serve up these spicy latkes rather than typical pancakes to impress your loved one. Habaneros can be extremely hot, so use caution when handling. If you’re not gluten free, regular flour works just fine.
- Make salsa: Brush pineapple with oil; broil or grill until brown. Cool slightly and cut into chunks. Place pineapple, habanero, and a pinch of kosher salt in a blender; pulse until processed but slightly chunky. Set aside.
- Peel sweet potatoes and coarsely grate by hand or with a food processor grater (to yield about 3½ cups). Drain any excess liquid with a clean dishcloth. Place potatoes in a bowl and mix with eggs, flour, cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
- In a 12-inch nonstick pan, heat oil over medium heat. Pat potato mixture into about ten 3-inch patties, making sure they are well-condensed and sticking together. Place three or four patties in pan; fry on each side until brown and crispy. Note that sugar blackens and burns quickly, so flip often.
- Remove from pan and place on a platter layered with paper towels; keep warm in a low oven. Repeat with remaining patties. Serve warm, topped with pineapple salsa.