Sweet and Spicy ChiliStaff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 183
Many chili recipes contain brown or white sugar. In this recipe, more nutritious barley malt adds a smoky, beerlike sweetness that contrasts deliciously with the spices and green chilies.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add canola oil, spreading evenly. Add chopped onions, bell pepper, and garlic. Sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, bay leaf, green chilies, and salt, if using. Stir until vegetables are evenly coated.
- Add vegetable broth, tomatoes and beans (with their liquids), and frozen corn. Stir thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients except garnishes and stir thoroughly. Cook over medium-low heat for at least 30 minutes, or until chili reaches desired consistency. Serve hot, garnished with avocado cubes, cheese, and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories: 183 calories, % fat calories: 13, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Carbohydrate: 32g, Protein: 9g, Fiber: 10g, Sodium: 752mg