Summer Chicken Salad Cups with Coconut-Ginger DressingLaura Marzen, RD | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 322
Fresh fruit—including honeydew melon and mango—provides a delicious complementary note to this salad's savory flavors, offered by jalapeños, red onion, and a dash of cider vinegar. Top it off with some fresh mint and basil, and everyone will be looking for seconds.
- In a small saucepan combine water, vinegar, honey and salt. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve honey; reduce heat to medium-low. Add jalapeño. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 20 minutes. Drain, discarding liquid.
- In a large bowl toss together chicken, cucumber, onion, mint, jalapeño and basil. Add melon, mango and avocado. Stir gently to combine.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl whisk together coconut milk, basil, ginger, lime peel, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over chicken mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve chicken salad in lettuce cups with a squeeze of lime.
PER SERVING (4 lettuce leaves and 2 cups salad): 322 cal, 11g fat (6g mono, 2g poly, 4g sat), 65mg chol, 505mg sodium, 29g carb (6g fiber, 21g sugars), 27g protein