Stuffed Balsamic-Grilled Portobello MushroomsStaff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 262
Meat eaters love the steaklike texture of these mushrooms. If smoked mozzarella tastes too strong, feel free to substitute a milder cheese in its place.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drizzle a roasting pan with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and add tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and thyme. Toss to mix. Roast for 15–20 minutes, or until tomatoes start to burst. Keep oven hot.
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium heat. Place mushrooms gill-side up on a work surface and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a little kosher salt (optional), and remaining 1 teaspoon pepper. With remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil, lightly coat the rounded side of the mushroom caps.
- Place mushrooms, gill-side down, on grill or broiler pan. Grill or broil for 6–8 minutes on each side, until soft and slightly charred.
- Transfer mushrooms to a roasting pan and fill with 10–15 tomatoes each. Top with cheese. Place in hot oven until cheese bubbles. Set each mushroom on a mound of steamed spinach and serve immediately.
PER SERVING: 262 cal, 61% fat cal, 19g fat, 5g sat fat, 22mg chol, 12g protein, 15g carb, 5g fiber, 486mg sodium