Stevia-sweetened Mint Cheesecake BrowniesElisa Bosley | Delicious Living
- Serves: 20 people
These rich, gooey brownies have a secret healthy ingredient: Pyure Bakeable Blend, a granulated stevia product that measures cup for cup like white sugar and bakes beautifully--with zero calories! It's also gluten free and safe for diabetics. This recipe is courtesy of chef Blakely Trettenero of Cooking For Bimbos.
- Spray 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. Set out cream cheese for the cheesecake layer and allow to soften as you prepare the brownies.
- Make the brownies first: Melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly (about 6 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature (about 15 minutes).
- Stir Pyure Stevia Sweetener into cooled chocolate/butter mixture until combined. Add eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each. Whisk in vanilla. Gently fold in flour and salt. Pour batter into prepared pan, reserving 1/4 cup batter.
- Preheat oven to 350. Make the cheesecake swirl: With a hand-held mixer on medium speed, beat the softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup Pyure Stevia Sweetener, egg yolk, and peppermint extract in a medium bowl until completely smooth. Manually stir in chocolate chips. Dollop spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture on top of brownie batter. Dollop with the last 1/4 cup brownie batter. Glide a knife through the layers, creating a swirl pattern. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out almost clean. Check them at the 25 minute mark to be sure. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares.
PER SERVING: 175 cal, 13g fat (4g mono, 1g poly, 8g sat), 62mg chol, 3g protein, 12g carb, 1g fiber, 78mg sodium