Steamed Halibut with Collard GreensDL Staff | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 342
Collard greens stewed with onion and tomato make a dramatic contrast with lightly steamed halibut. In this presentation, a touch of spicy smoked paprika adds an unusual nuance.
- Remove and discard center stems from collard greens. Stack leaves, and cut lengthwise into strips and crosswise into roughly 1-inch squares. Chop onion into uniformly sized pieces (not too small). Quarter garlic lengthwise and then thinly slice crosswise.
- Place coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and stir until lightly colored, 2 minutes. Add garlic and collard greens and stir well. Add salt, pepper, and paprika, and stir until nearly dry, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir well. Lower heat to maintain a steady simmer, cover, and cook until greens are tender, about 9–10 minutes.
- Select a shallow pan with a tight-fitting lid, large enough to accommodate fish without touching. Combine olive oil and cilantro; rub on halibut, coating lightly. Season fish with salt and pepper and place in pan. Pour wine around fish and place pan over high heat. As soon as wine begins to bubble, cover pan and set heat to low. Cook about 4 minutes, or until fish is opaque and tender, but not quite falling apart.
- Spread collard greens on four serving plates and top with fish, plus any accumulated juices. Serve at once.
PER SERVING: 342 cal, 38% fat cal, 14g fat, 7g sat fat, 45mg chol, 34g protein, 20g carb, 7g fiber, 406mg sodium