Spring Vegetable LasagnaAlan Roettinger | Delicious Living
Rather than traditional tomato sauce, this lasagna relies on layers of green veggies and a creamy vegan ricotta for fresh, deep flavor. If made ahead, remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- To make ricotta: Process garlic in a food processor until minced. Add remaining ricotta ingredients except mozzarella and process until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Remove to a bowl. Set aside ½ cup mozzarella and stir remainder into ricotta. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add asparagus and broccoli. Cook until just tender, 3–4 minutes. Drain in a colander and quickly refresh under cold water; spread on a towel to dry.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, deep pot over medium heat. Add garlic, stirring to prevent sticking. As soon as garlic is fragrant (1 minute), add mushrooms and stir to coat; sauté until browned and most liquid has evaporated, about 12 minutes. Add sliced red bell pepper and stir for about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Squeeze spinach in a colander; mix into mushroom mixture, along with asparagus, broccoli, scallions, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Spread remaining oil in a deep 9x13-inch baking dish. Cover pan bottom with noodles, overlapping slightly. Spread with one-third of spinach mixture, cover with one-third of ricotta, and cover with another layer of noodles. Repeat layers, pressing down slightly. Cover final noodle layer with remaining ricotta and spinach mixture. Sprinkle with reserved mozzarella.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Uncover, increase heat to 400˚, and cook 8–10 minutes to brown slightly. Let sit at least 5 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING: 433 cal, 14g fat (8g mono, 3g poly, 2g sat), 0mg chol, 18g protein, 55g carb, 7g fiber, 963mg sodium