Spicy Thai Curry Soup with Rice NoodlesDL Staff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 419
Rice noodles' mild taste complements the spicy broth. Prep tips: For a vegan dish, leave out the fish sauce and chicken; add tofu cubes for protein. Freeze spare coconut milk for later use.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. This will be used to cook the noodles.
- Meanwhile, combine coconut milk, rice milk, carrot juice, red curry paste, and peanut butter in a blender. Blend on lowest speed for about 1 minute, until emulsified. Refrigerate. (If you have extra time, refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.)
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise, yielding thin cutlets. Sprinkle each piece of chicken with a bit of salt, then rub with curry powder. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, then chicken. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate; when cool enough to handle, shred and refrigerate.
- Boil noodles according to package instructions. Drain, then plunge into ice water to cool. Drain thoroughly.
- When ready to serve, divide noodles among four bowls. Add shredded chicken, snow peas, red bell pepper, and cilantro or basil to bowls. Carefully pour coconut-milk mixture into bowls, leaving any froth behind. Sprinkle with fish sauce or soy sauce to taste.
PER SERVING: 419 cal, 29% fat cal, 13g fat, 5g sat fat, 49mg chol, 26g protein, 47g carb, 2g fiber, 378mg sodium