Soy Milk TrufflesMäni Niall | Delicious Living
- Serves: 24 people
- Calories per serving: 167
A rich treat for the pickiest chocolate aficionados. Keep a generous supply on hand for unexpected guests.
- Heat soy milk in saucepan or microwave only until very hot. Do not simmer, as it will curdle.
- Place 2 cups chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate in medium bowl. Pour in hot soy milk; let stand 1 minute. Whisk gently until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Cover baking sheet with wax paper. Scoop firm truffle mixture with melon baller and roll between palms to make 1-inch spheres. Place on baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in top of double boiler over hot water, melt 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips and oil, stirring until smooth. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Place cocoa, coconut and chopped walnuts in separate small bowls.
- Place a chocolate ball in the palm of your hand. Spoon about 1 tablespoon melted chocolate over ball. Roll ball between palms, lightly but completely coating it. Transfer ball to one topping of choice and roll to coat completely, then transfer to clean baking sheet. Refrigerate until hard, about 10 minutes. Store in airtight container. Serve chilled.
From Sweet & Natural Baking (Chronicle Books) by Mäni Niall.
Calories 167,Fat 10,Perfat 55,Cholesterol 0,Carbo 18,Protein 2,Fiber N/A,Sodium N/A