Soba Noodle Soup with Miso Omeletjrubino
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 289
Prep tip: Leftover vegetables (especially mushrooms and snow peas) are a welcome addition to this soup. Simply add to the simmering broth in Step 5.
- Cook soba noodles according to package instructions. Rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, simmer broth and ginger. Place spinach and cilantro in four serving bowls.
- Mash miso against the side of a medium mixing bowl, then add a little broth, mashing until miso is loose. Whisk in eggs and egg whites. Stir in a third of the scallions.
- Heat a 9-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, brush bottom and sides with vegetable oil. Pour in eggs. As eggs begin to set, gently lift edges and tilt pan to let uncooked eggs flow underneath. Continue until just about set on top (2-3 minutes), then turn omelet onto a plate and slide back into pan. Cook for 30 seconds. Transfer to a cutting board, roll up, and cut crosswise into 12 rolls.
- Remove ginger from broth. Drop noodles into broth and bring to a simmer, then divide broth and noodles among bowls. Top with omelet rolls and remaining scallions. Let sit for 2 minutes, until spinach wilts. Drizzle with oil and serve
PER SERVING: 289 cal, 14% fat cal, 5g fat, 1g sat fat, 106mg chol, 15g protein, 51g carb, 4g fiber, 564mg sodium