Shrimp and Green Pea RisottoStaff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 363
Although not a true risotto, this low-fat version of the Italian classic is creamy enough to pass for the real thing. Serve it as the main attraction alongside steamed asparagus or a salad of bitter greens and warm ciabatta bread. If you don't have a clay cooker, use a wide Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid.
- Soak top and bottom of a clay cooker in water for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Combine rice, stock, onion, garlic and wine in cooker, and stir to mix. Place covered pot in cold oven and turn oven to 450°. Cook for 40 minutes, stirring twice, or until rice is tender.
- Remove cooker from oven and gently stir in cheese and peas. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- Arrange shrimp, tails at center, in an even layer over rice. Return cooker to oven and cook, covered, for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley. Serve hot.
Calories 363,Fat 7,Perfat 18,Cholesterol 131,Carbo 46,Protein 26,Fiber ,Sodium