Scallion, Garlic and Egg Fried RiceStaff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 418
This dish is my family's favorite weeknight dinner. Leftover rice works best here, since warm rice tends to stick together and to the pan.
- Divide white and green parts of scallions. Mince white part for egg mixture. Mince green part separately and set aside for garnish.
- Mix white part of scallions with eggs. Beat well. Season egg mixture with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil in nonstick cooking pan or wok over medium-high heat. Swirl to coat pan. Pour in egg mixture. If oil is hot enough, the egg should puff up. Let cook until firm and browned, about 30 seconds. Flip the egg and brown the other side. Break egg into small pieces with spatula. Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon cooking oil in cooking pan. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mixed vegetables and stir-fry for 1 minute. Mix in rice and stir-fry until rice is heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in eggs and sesame oil. Garnish with reserved green part of scallions and with pine nuts if desired. Serve hot.
Calories 418,Fat 18,Perfat 39,Cholesterol 106,Carbo 54,Protein 11,Fiber N/A,Sodium N/A