Sautéed Onion Salad with EggDonna Prizgintas | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 274
Enjoy this summer meal outdoors. Prep tip: Have hard-cooked eggs at the ready; otherwise, add 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk together vinegar, 4 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for at least 5 minutes (longer is fine).
- Sauté red onions in remaining 1 tablespoon oil until slightly wilted but not too limp. Cool.
- Toss salad greens with onion, carrot, parsley, and tarragon. Toss with dressing. Serve, garnished with eggs.
PER SERVING: 274 cal, 72% fat cal, 22g fat, 4g sat fat, 212mg chol, 8g protein, 11g carb, 2g fiber, 85mg sodium
Onion Salad Add-ins:
- grated Asiago cheese
- pitted kalamata olives
- small diced and cooked potato
- bacon crumbles
- crushed red pepper flakes