Sautéed Leafy Greens with Grapefruit VinaigretteDL Staff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 122
This citrus-spiked dressing is also delicious tossed with simple salad greens and toasted walnuts. Hand-squeezing the grapefruit (instead of using a juicer) assures that you get the benefits of the pulp in your vinaigrette.
- Warm 6 tablespoons oil and dried rosemary in a small pot on low heat until rosemary just begins to drift. Do not boil. Remove from heat.
- In a blender or food processor, combine syrup, grapefruit juice and peel, lemon juice, 1 chopped garlic clove, salt, and pepper; pulse for about 30 seconds. Run continuously on high while slowly adding oil-rosemary mixture. Continue blending for 1 minute. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. If not using immediately, refrigerate in a tightly covered jar.
- In a large pan, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add remaining chopped garlic and sauté until tender. Add kale or collard greens and braise slightly, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add 1/2 cup vinaigrette to greens and sauté on medium-low heat until vinaigrette is warmed and greens are nearly tender, about 4 minutes. Add sliced figs and sauté 1 minute more.
PER SERVING: 122 cal, 55% fat cal, 8g fat, 1g sat fat, 0mg chol, 2g protein, 13g carb, 2g fiber, 46mg sodium