Salmon with Mango-Avocado RelishStaff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 491
Spiff up salmon with a zingy fruit relish for a dish loaded with skin-friendly vitamins A, C, and E, and omega-3 fatty acids. Try to get filets of even thickness for uniform cooking. For extra flavor, drizzle the steamed spinach with a light, lemony vinaigrette.
- In a medium glass bowl, whisk together lime juice and 2 tablespoons canola oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add mango, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro; toss to mix. Gently fold in avocado. Adjust seasonings and refrigerate until salmon is done.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place a heavy-bottomed 12-inch skillet over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon canola oil to the pan and swirl to coat. After 30 seconds, place salmon skin-side down in pan. Cook for 30 seconds, then reduce heat to medium-high. Do not disturb filets until the dull, opaque color has spread about halfway up the side of each filet, about 41/2 minutes. Turn filets over and cook another 31/2 minutes or until just opaque. Remove pan from heat; place filets on a paper towel-lined plate and allow to rest for 45 seconds.
- Serve on a bed of steamed spinach, with relish spooned on top.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories: 491 calories, % fat calories: 54, Fat: 30g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 112mg, Carbohydrate: 18g, Protein: 39g, Fiber: 9g, Sodium: 174mg