Rustic Polenta PuddingEric Skokan, executive chef at Gold Lake Mountain Resort, Ward, Colorado | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 241
Suggested Wine: Carneros, Saintsbury Pino Noir, Calif., 1990-97, $18.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil until soft. Add fennel leeks and herbs and sweat, covered for about 15 minutes.
- While leek mix is cooking, bring 5 cups water to a boil. WIth a whisk, pour a steady stream of polenta into boiling water. Reduce temperature to medium and whisk for 15 minutes. The polenta should be the texture of slightly thin mashed potatoes.
- Stir leek mixture and cheese into polenta. Set aside, covered.
- Beat egg whites until they form a soft peak. WIth a whisk, fold whites into polenta mixture. Place in a casserole and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. As casserole rises and browns on top, loosely place a piece of foil on top to prevent too much browning. Serve immediately.
Photography by: Laurie Smith
Calories 241,Fat 9,Perfat 35,Cholesterol 4,Carbo 32,Protein 8,Fiber N/A,Sodium N/A