Rustic Polenta PuddingEric Skokan | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 241
This recipe comes from Eric Skokan, chef and owner of Black Cat Bistro and Black Cat Organic Farm in Boulder, Colorado. Accompany with a lovely pinot noir.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil until soft. Add fennel, leeks, sage, thyme, and bay leaf; sweat over low heat, covered, for about 15 minutes.
- While leek mix is cooking, bring 5 cups water to a boil. WIth a whisk, pour a steady stream of polenta into boiling water. Reduce temperature to medium and whisk for 15 minutes. The polenta should be the texture of slightly thin mashed potatoes.
- Stir leek mixture and cheese into polenta. Set aside, covered.
- Beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gently fold whites into polenta mixture. Place in a casserole and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. As casserole rises and browns, loosely place a piece of foil on top to prevent too much browning. Serve immediately.
Photography by: Laurie Smith
PER SERVING: 241 cal, 9g fat, 4g chol, 32g carb, 8g protein