Roasted Tomato Soup with Seared Tilapia FilletDelicious Living Staff
- Serves: 8 people
Prepared by Chef Stan Frankenthaler, chef/owner of Salamander, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Heat a heavy soup pot over medium heat and lightly caramelize the vegetables, ginger and garlic in olive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer until all vegetables are tender, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll tilapia fillets in toasted spices, salt and pepper.
- Heat saute pan over medium-high burner, add oil and cook fish fillets. Cook approximately 1 1/2 minutes each side (or, grill tilapia over medium-high heat).
- Ladle soup into warm, flat soup plates.
- "Float" fillet in center and garnish with herb sprigs such as cilantro or basil.