Rice Noodles and Scallops in Green CurryLisa Turner | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 480
If you’re gluten intolerant, be sure your fish sauce and curry paste are also gluten free.
- Heat 4–5 tablespoons coconut milk with curry paste in a large pot. Cook over low heat, stirring, for 3–4 minutes, until curry starts to darken. Add onion and garlic; cook 3–5 minutes, until onion softens.
- Whack lemongrass pieces to crush slightly. Split each piece lengthwise and add to curry mixture, along with remaining coconut milk, broth, ginger, and fish sauce. Bring near to boil; then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes, until flavors infuse. Add bell pepper and snow peas; cook for 3–4 minutes more, until vegetables are just tender. Discard lemongrass and ginger. Stir in lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, pat scallops very dry and arrange in skillet in a single layer. Cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, until a golden-brown crust forms. Turn and brown opposite side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining scallops.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes, until just tender. Drain.
- Divide noodles among four bowls. Pour broth and vegetables over noodles. Scatter basil over noodles, top with scallops, and serve, garnished with lime wedges.
PER SERVING: 480 cal, 12g fat (1g mono, 1g poly, 9g sat), 28mg chol, 21g protein, 67g carb, 4g fiber, 702mg sodium