Raspberry Pear PieLisa Turner | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 455
Autumn's harvest of Anjou, Bosc, and Bartlett pears gets a colorful lift from juicy raspberries. Make sure pears are ripe, but still firm, for the best results.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one pastry disk to make an 11-inch round. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold edges under and crimp decoratively. Bake crust until golden, about 25 minutes. Cool on rack.
- While crust is cooling, combine pears, honey, grape juice, and salt in a medium pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until pears are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and let cool. Add raspberries, flour, and 6 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar; stir gently to blend.
- Transfer filling to pie crust. Roll out second pastry disk and arrange on top of pie. Fold edges of top crust over bottom crust, press edges together, and crimp. Cut eight slits, about 1-1/2 inches long, in top crust, radiating outward from the center.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg and milk to make glaze. Brush crust with glaze and sprinkle with remaining unrefined cane sugar. Bake 30 minutes, then cover edges with foil. Continue baking 30 minutes more, until crust is golden brown and filling bubbles. Cool on rack and serve warm or at room temperature.
Get recipe for Light and Flaky Crusts
PER SERVING: Calories 455,Fat 13,Perfat 25,Cholesterol 58,Carbo 80,Protein 6