Radish, Fennel & Dandelion SaladDL Staff | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 132
Dandelion leaves are an excellent source of calcium, fiber, vitamins A and C, and iron. Try them in this delicious salad.
- Wash and spin-dry the dandelion greens; refrigerate.
- Peel a few strips of the zest (rind) from the lemon and chop finely to make 1/2 teaspoon. Put minced shallots in a salad bowl, cover with lemon juice and zest and steep 20 minutes. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add a splash of vinegar if desired.
- Trim the top and root end of the fennel; remove the outermost layer and any bruised or damaged parts. Slice fennel very thin (about 1/8-inch thick).
- Wash the radishes. If the radish tops are tender, leave them on and cut the radishes in halves or quarters lengthwise. If the radish tops are tough, cut them off and slice the radishes in thin rounds.
- Just before serving, toss all ingredients with enough of the dressing to just coat. Adjust seasoning and serve immediately.
PER SERVING: Calories 132,Fat 9,Perfat 62,Cholesterol 0,Carbo 11,Protein N/A,Fiber 1,Sodium N/A
Recipe excerpted with permission from Alice Waters' Chez Panisse Vegetables (HarperCollins).