Quinoa Lettuce WrapsLinda Wells | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 231
Bursting with fresh, delicious ingredients, this appetizer could also serve as a light supper for four. If you're not familiar with protein-rich quinoa (a grain), now's the time to try it-this recipe will make a believer out of you.
- Combine quinoa, water, and bouillon cube in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. Cool.
- In a medium-large bowl, combine ginger, scallions, garlic, red pepper flakes, and cilantro. Add cooled quinoa and stir to mix.
- In a jar or small bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and salt. Pour over quinoa mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on each lettuce leaf. Top with about 1/3 cup quinoa mixture and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon peanuts. Roll up, securing with a toothpick if desired.
Calories: 231 calories, % fat calories: 61, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Carbohydrate: 16g, Protein: 8g, Fiber: 3g, Sodium: 366mg