Pumpkin-Walnut BarsStaff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 24 people
- Calories per serving: 168
Reminiscent of pumpkin pie, with a delicious ginger crust. Serve at room temperature with fresh whipped cream or vanilla frozen yogurt. Test kitchen tip: If these get too soft after storing, just pop them in the oven on a baking sheet for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, gingersnap crumbs, melted butter, and maple syrup. Coat a 9x11-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place mixture into the bottom of the pan and press to form a crust. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin purée, evaporated milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar, and egg. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour pumpkin mixture over crust and spread evenly. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the streusel topping by combining walnuts, 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Blend with a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- After pumpkin bars have baked, sprinkle with streusel and bake for an additional 15–20 minutes until golden.
PER SERVING (1 bar): 168 cal, 32% fat cal, 6g fat, 2g sat fat, 17mg chol, 3g protein, 26g carb, 1g fiber, 168mg sodium