Potato-Salami Salad with Creamy Horseradish DressingLaura Marzen, RD | Delicious Living
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 245
This salad is loaded with enough protein and flavor to satisfy the most demanding appetite. The horseradish-fennel dressing adds a nice, unexpected kick.
- Scrub potatoes. Cut into quarters to get about ½-inch-wide wedges. Tear a 36-inch-long sheet of heavy, wide foil. Fold foil in half crosswise, to make an 18-inch square. Place potatoes, haricots verts and red pepper slices in center of foil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dot with the oil. Fold long sides up and over potato mixture. Seal with a small double fold, allowing space for steam to build. Fold in ends with a double fold for each, to completely enclose potato mixture.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place packet on the grill rack over medium heat. Add salami halves, cut sides down, to grill. Cover if using a gas grill. Grill salami for 4–6 minutes or until grill marks appear; remove from grill. Grill potato mixture for 25–30 minutes or until potatoes and beans are tender, turning packet every 8–10 minutes to prevent burning. To check vegetables, use tongs to carefully open the foil packet. If vegetables are not tender, seal packet and return to grill. Remove packet from grill, and cool vegetables about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice salami halves crosswise, cutting into very thin slices. Set aside. Trim stalks off fennel bulb. Snip enough of the feather tops (fronds) to make 2 teaspoons; set aside. Discard remaining stalks. Cut a thin slice off the base of the fennel bulb. Cut bulb in half; remove the core. Cut fennel halves into very thin slices (use a mandolin, if available). On a large platter, toss together sliced fennel and lettuce. Arrange salami and potato mixture on top.
- For the dressing: On a small cutting board, sprinkle salt over the finely chopped garlic. Use the side of a chef’s knife to smash together garlic and salt until mixture is mashed and slightly sticky; transfer to a small bowl. Whisk in sour cream, celery, mayonnaise, horseradish, reserved fennel fronds and pepper. Drizzle over salad to serve.
PER SERVING (2 cups): 245 cal, 14g fat (6g mono, 2g poly, 5g sat), 18mg chol, 338mg sodium, 23g carb (7g fiber, 4g sugars), 9g protein