Persimmon PieLisa Turner | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 257
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Quarter and, if necessary, seed persimmons. Scrape pulp from skins into a blender. Purée with lemon juice until very smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat together whole egg, egg white, and unrefined cane sugar. Stir in salt, milk, and persimmon pulp. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry disk to make a 12-inch round. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim edge, fold under and flute decoratively.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake for 10 minutes at 450°F, then reduce heat to 350°F. Continue baking for 30 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is golden. Cool on rack and serve warm or at room temperature.
PER SERVING: Calories 257,Fat 8,Perfat 26,Cholesterol 46,Carbo 43,Protein 5,Fiber N/A,Sodium N/A