Paleo Cracker-Crusted Chicken with Shaved Brussels SproutsKatie Shields, RDN | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 556
A far cry from the overly sweet honey-mustard chicken recipes in your past, this updated take on a classic features a tangy, homemade, whole-grain honey-mustard glaze with fresh herbs and bright lemon juice, plus a crunchy, paleo cracker crust for added texture.
- Whisk thyme, rosemary, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard and cider vinegar in a large bowl. Add chicken thighs, cover with plastic wrap (or use a food-storage bag), and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°, line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and place a wire cooling rack on top. Arrange marinated chicken thighs on wire rack, season with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper, and bake for 25–30 minutes or 5 minutes from being completely cooked (at least 160°). Remove chicken from oven and set the broiler to 500°.
- Whisk mustard, honey, paprika, chili pepper flakes and garlic in a bowl. Brush the top of each chicken thigh with this glaze, sprinkle with cracker topping, and return to oven under the broiler for an additional 3–7 minutes or until cracker crust begins to brown. Remove and keep warm.
- Combine brussels sprouts, garlic, olive oil and water in a nonstick pan, and lightly sauté until softened and slightly crispy. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and lemon juice.
- Place 1 cup brussels sprout shavings on each plate, topped with two chicken thighs per person. Garnish with thyme or flat-leaf parsley.