Pad Thai–style Noodles with TempehAlan Roettinger | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 24 mins
- Total Time: 39 mins
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 795
Serve with Sriracha sauce on the side for people who like a spicier dish. If anyone is allergic to peanuts, substitute roasted cashews.
- Combine lime juice, agave or sugar, tamari, and pepper flakes in a small bowl, stirring thoroughly.
- Place 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a skillet over high heat and add tempeh. Fry until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Turn over and sear again. Drain on a towel, then cut into ½-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, pour hot water over noodles to cover, separating with tongs or a fork. Let soak for 6–8 minutes, until softened. Drain.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a wok or large pot over high heat. Add shallots and garlic; stir 30 seconds. Add carrots and stir for about 1 minute more. Add lime juice mixture, stir well, and then add noodles and tempeh cubes. Stir gently, until thoroughly mixed. Remove from heat and add bean sprouts, tossing to combine. Pour into a deep platter and garnish with cilantro, scallions, and peanuts. Serve at once with lime wedges.
PER SERVING: 795 cal, 19g fat (5g mono, 5g poly, 9g sat), 0mg chol, 34g protein, 126g carb, 18g fiber, 954mg sodium