|Organic Baby Greens & Pear Salad with Gorgonzola Vinaigrette |
Serves 2 / Crunchy nuts, tender greens, sweet pears and sharp cheese combine to create a salad with a sensual variety of textures and flavors.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
4 ounces organic baby greens, approximately 3 cups
1/4 cup walnuts, shelled
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon shallot, minced
2 ounces dolce latte (sweet milk) gorgonzola
1 ripe pear, cored and stemmed
1. Wash and spin-dry the baby greens.
2. Lightly toast the walnuts in a small saucepan over medium heat.
3. Combine vinegar, olive oil and shallot to make dressing.
4. Toss greens with dressing and crumble the gorgonzola over the top.
5. Place pear in a 300F oven for 5 minutes to warm. Slice warm pear into wedges, arrange on top of salad and serve.