Not-Your-Mother's Crab CakesSponsored by BELA Sardines
Traditional crab cakes get a makeover with this take from BELA Sardines.
- Mash the beans in a large bowl using the back of a spoon until smooth but still a bit chunky.
- Add BELA sardines, cheese, pepper, ¾ cup of the bread crumbs, egg, lemon juice, tarragon, salt, and pepper to taste and mix well to combine. Place the remaining bread crumbs on a plate.
- Shape the mixture into eight ½-inch thick patties and coat with the remaining bread crumbs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Add the remaining oil when you turn the patties.
- Serve with ketchup or tartar sauce for dipping.
Note: This recipe has not been tested in the Delicious Living kitchens.