No-Bake Chocolate-Coconut Protein BarsJules Shepard | Delicious Living
- Serves: 16 people
- Calories per serving: 173
Cocoa, coconut, almond flour, nuts, and protein powder form the healthful base of these bars, sweetened naturally with applesauce and your choice of stevia, unrefined coconut palm sugar, or erythritol (we like Swerve or NuNaturals MoreFiber Stevia Baking Blend). These won’t spike your blood sugar, but they’ll sure satisfy your chocolate cravings. The peanut butter drizzle makes a decorative and delicious finishing touch, though you can leave it out if you prefer.
TIP: If needed, whirl coconut flakes in a mini food processor to get fine flakes.
- Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper. Measure out all ingredients before proceeding.
- In a medium saucepan, melt coconut oil over low heat. Stir in cocoa powder and alternative sweetener, stirring constantly until smooth. Continue to cook for 3–5 minutes, taking care not to burn.
- Remove saucepan from heat and quickly whisk in ¼ cup applesauce, almond flour, coconut, protein powder, nuts, and coconut flour until thoroughly combined. If mixture looks too crumbly, add a bit more applesauce.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and smooth with a rubber spatula. Refrigerate until cool and set, about 30 minutes. Drizzle with melted peanut butter in a crisscross design, if desired. Once peanut butter cools, cut into 16 pieces.
PER SERVING: 173 cal, 12g fat (2g mono, 2g poly, 8g sat), 0mg chol, 5g protein, 9g carb, 2g fiber, 12mg sodium