Moroccan HariraStaff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 343
This soup is like Italian minestrone, kicked into a different universe by spices from the Arab World.
- Heat butter in stockpot and sauté vegetables, pepper and turmeric for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cinnamon and chicken, turning until golden but not brown, 15-20 minutes.
- Wash lentils. Purée cilantro leaves with a little salt and water. Combine lentils, cilantro purée and tomato purée with chicken and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 quarts of water and cook until lentils are soft, about 1 hour.
- Add salt to taste and cook noodles about 5 minutes before serving. Stir in flour-water mixture and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Serve in large bowls garnished with lemon wedges.
Photography by: Priscilla Montoya
Per Serving: 343 cal, 28% fat, 11g fat, 93mg chol, 26g carb, 36 g protein