Mixed Bitter Greens with Fennel and Smoked TroutAlan Roettinger | Delicious Living
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 156
Like all greens, bitter greens supply iron, but they are also powerful blood purifiers. Taken at the end of a meal, they act as digestive aids as well as palate cleansers. Prep tips: This dressing is fine made ahead, even for days and days, kept in the fridge. Ingredient tip: Check sodium levels on smoked trout; they vary wildly by brand.
- Put balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, honey, salt, and pepper into a blender and process until smooth. With blender running, slowly pour in oil, whipping until mixture emulsifies.
- Cut radicchio in half, remove core, and cut into strips. Wash and tear curly endive and arugula into bite-size pieces. Combine all greens in a large bowl with fennel.
- Remove skin from trout and discard. Break trout into large bite-size pieces.
- Toss salad with half of the dressing in a large bowl. Taste and add more, if needed. Divide among four plates and top with the trout pieces. Garnish with chives and serve at once.
PER SERVING: 156 cal, 54% fat cal, 10g fat, 1g sat fat, 21mg chol, 10g protein, 9g carb, 4g fiber, 143mg sodium