Mile-High Pear-Cranberry Crumb PieBaking a Moment | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 497
- Courtesy of: Baking a Moment
Gently spiced with ginger and made with no refined sugar, this homey, seasonal pie is vegan, gluten-free, and the perfect ending to your holiday meal.
- Preheat oven to 425˚. In a large bowl, whisk together 1¼ cups flour blend and ½ teaspoon salt. Cut in coconut oil until mixture resembles coarse meal. Cut vegan butter into ¼-inch pieces and add to the bowl, tossing to combine. Add ice water and stir together until dough forms into a ball. Wrap dough tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place chilled dough on a sheet of parchment paper, dust with gluten-free flour blend, and roll to a thickness of about 3/16-inch. Invert the sheet of dough onto a 9½-inch pie plate and peel off parchment. Trim away any excess dough and crimp the edge. Bake crust for 20 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine pears, cranberries, ½ cup Sucanat, cornstarch, ginger and ¼ teaspoon salt; toss to combine. Transfer mixture to the parbaked crust.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup flour blend, 1/3 cup Sucanat, oats, cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon salt; stir to combine. Add melted coconut oil and toss together with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle crumb mixture over pie and bake, loosely covered with foil, for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until pears are tender and juicy. Cool completely before slicing.
PER SERVING (1/8 pie): 497 cal, 12g fat (3g mono, 2g poly, 8g sat), 0mg chol, 411mg sodium, 98g carb (7g fiber, 38g sugars), 5g protein