|Mango Chutney Caribe |
Makes about 8 cups (16 servings) Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
4 large unripe mangoes, peeled, seeded and sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1 Scotch Bonnet or jalapeño pepper
1 1/2 cups malt vinegar
3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup peeled and chopped fresh ginger
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup seedless raisins
1. Set the mango slices in a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt.
2. Trim the stalks from the peppers and remove the seeds, then let soak in a little of the vinegar for about 10 minutes.
3. Combine the peppers in a blender with the garlic and ginger and process until diced.
4. Pour the remaining vinegar into a saucepan; add the pepper mixture and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
5. Add the mangoes and raisins, and simmer until thick and syrupy.
Calories 84,Fat 0,Perfat 2,Cholesterol 0,Carbo 22,Protein 0,Fiber N/A,Sodium N/A