Lemon-Raspberry MuffinsLaurie Gauguin | Delicious Living
- Serves: 12 people
- Calories per serving: 181
Gluten-free oat flour is the secret ingredient in these muffins.
Gluten Free, Veggie
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cups, or coat pan with cooking spray and dust with rice flour, tapping out excess. (Do this even if you’re using a nonstick pan.)
- In a medium bowl, sift together flours, sugar, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk in lemon zest. In a second bowl, whisk together oil, milk, egg, lemon juice, and vanilla. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture. Whisk until smooth. Pour batter evenly into pan.
- Toss raspberries with a few spoonfuls brown rice flour; remove berries and discard flour. Drop 2 raspberries into each muffin cup. Bake for 20–25 minutes on middle oven rack, rotating pan after 15 minutes. When gently pressed in centers, muffins should bounce back slightly without making an indentation. Remove from oven to cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan by running a small spatula or butter knife around edges and lifting out (don’t invert). Cool completely on a wire rack.
PER SERVING: 181 cal, 10g fat (6g mono, 3g poly, 1g sat), 18mg chol, 2g protein, 20g carb, 1g fiber, 175mg sodium