Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary ChickenStaff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 636
Heady with garlic and fragrant rosemary, this tender chicken is a simple meal for family nights or special dinners. Serve it with new potatoes and braised Swiss chard.
- Soak top and bottom of a clay cooker in water for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Wash chicken inside and out under cold water and pat dry. Rub inside of chicken with salt and pepper. Stuff with lemon slices, garlic and rosemary. Place chicken in clay pot, breast down.
- Grate lemon rind, making sure to avoid the white pith, and sprinkle over chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Add lemon juice and chicken stock or broth to pot. Place covered pot in cold oven and turn oven to 450°. Cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a small knife.
- Remove pot from oven and pour liquid into a small saucepan. Degrease chicken, turn over so breast is up, and return pot, uncovered, to oven for 10 minutes longer to brown the top. Meanwhile, bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat.
- Dissolve arrowroot in 1/4 cup cold water and whisk into sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes longer, or until sauce is thickened and glossy. Add additional broth, salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove chicken from oven. Transfer chicken to a serving platter, drizzle with sauce and garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs. Serve hot.
Calories 636,Fat 46,Perfat 65,Cholesterol 156,Carbo 7,Protein 47