Jasmine Rice Soup with Cannellini and RosemaryLorna Sass | Delicious Living
- Serves: 10 people
- Calories per serving: 176
Brown jasmine is a slender, aromatic, and moist long-grain rice that cooks in about 30 minutes. Look for prepackaged organic varieties to avoid cross-contamination. If you’re not sensitive to dairy, stir Romano cheese into the soup at the end of cooking.
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Stir in onion; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, Italian herbs, and crushed red pepper; cook for 30 seconds or more. Stir in vinegar and cook until it evaporates, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes (with liquid), water, and rice. Bring to boil over high heat. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Stir in beans and olives. Cover and cook until rice is tender, 2 minutes or more. Stir in spinach, red bell pepper, and salt to taste. Cook over medium heat, uncovered, until spinach is tender, about 1 minute.
- Turn off heat. Stir in black pepper and rosemary to taste.
PER SERVING: 176 cal, 2g fat (1g mono, 1g poly, 0g sat), 0mg chol, 7g protein, 30g carb, 6g fiber, 569mg sodium