Jalapeño Bison Burgers with MushroomsMatthew Kadey | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 12 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
- Total Time: 28 mins
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 392
These simple burgers get a flavorful kick from jalapeño and sautéed mushrooms. They’re a little messy to pick up in buns, but don’t let that stop you! Of course, they’re also good served on balsamic-dressed salad greens and eaten with a knife and fork.
- In a large bowl, mix together peppers, shallot, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Add bison, gently mix with your hands, and form into four patties.
- Heat canola oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place patties in skillet, cover, and cook for 3–5 minutes. Flip patties, cover skillet, and cook for an additional 3–5 minutes. Top each burger with a slice of provolone cheese, cover skillet, and cook until cheese has melted, about 30 seconds. Remove from pan.
- While burgers cook, heat a separate skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil; when hot, stir in mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in red wine, increase heat to medium-high, and cook until most of the wine has burned off, 2–4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in thyme, along with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place burgers on serving plates and top with mushrooms.
PER SERVING: 392 cal, 8g fat (4g mono, 1g poly, 4g sat), 94mg chol, 30g protein, 6g carb, 1g fiber, 492mg sodium