Indian-Seasoned Tofu with TomatoesDL Staff | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 212
Stir in baby spinach leaves at the end of cooking for extra nutrition. Balance the spice with a scoop of plain yogurt on top.
- Cut tofu horizontally into two ¾-inch-thick slabs. Press each slab between towels to remove moisture. Sprinkle salt on top and bottom of each slab, then rub in 1 teaspoon curry powder. Cut tofu into ¾-inch chunks.
- Pour almonds into a wide skillet over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until almonds are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Pour out onto a plate. Turn heat to medium; add 1 tablespoon oil and tofu. Carefully turning tofu with a spatula, cook until pale golden, 5 minutes. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon. Cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining ½ tablespoon oil to pan, followed by garlic and ginger. Lightly brown garlic, then add tomatoes and remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder. Stir and cook 3-4 minutes, until tomatoes lose most of their moisture. Stir in peas, cover, and cook until peas are almost tender, about 3 minutes. Add a tablespoon of water if pan becomes dry.
- Scatter tofu over tomato-pea mixture, cover, and heat through, about 2 minutes. Carefully stir in cilantro. Garnish with almonds and serve.
PER SERVING: 212 cal, 51% fat cal, 12g fat, 2g sat fat, 0mg chol, 12g protein, 15g carb, 4g fiber, 140mg sodium