Healthier Easter Carrot Cake PopsBy Leanne Vogel, Holistic Nutritionist and Wellness Expert, Healthful Pursuit | Organic Connections
- Serves: 12 people
Have a classic carrot cake experience, without all the baking, sugars and animal products, with these no-bake carrot cake pops. The cake is sweetened with prunes and raisins and filled with raw shredded carrots, all topped with a raisin-sweetened frosting.
- For the frosting, add soaked and drained cashews to the jug of your high-powered blender. Add remaining frosting ingredients and blend on high until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside on the counter.
- For the cake pops, add the walnuts and coconut to the bowl of your food processor and pulse on high for 2 minutes, until walnuts are in little pieces.
- Add prunes and raisins. Pulse again, for 1 minute, until prunes are broken down and mixture is sticky.
- Add in remaining ingredients—carrots, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pulse for 20 seconds, just to incorporate.
- Roll mixture into 12 balls, about 2 tablespoons per ball.
- Poke with a cake pop stick and set on a cake pop rack. Alternatively, if you do not have either, you could use Popsicle sticks and lay to rest on a baking sheet.
- Transfer pops to the freezer for one hour.
- Once chilled, carefully dip each in the frosting or add frosting to a piping bag and drizzle over the top of each pop. Another option is covering in frosting and sprinkling with chopped walnuts.
- Return to the freezer for another 20 minutes to harden.